Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do we really need the Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles sub-forums?
Yes
86%
 86% [ 6 ]
No
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Boy
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 am

As you all should know by now, we have a Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles sub-forum that is for asking for battles and whatnot. To me this is fine and all, but do we really need it? I mean we have the chatbox to ask for battles which in my opinion is so much more easier. To me, the battle forum is just a more inconvenient way to get a battle at this forum. Upsides to this idea is that there'll hopefully be more people lingering around the chatbox, hence more interaction between members, which is obviously good. After all, this is a friendly forum and we should promote friendliness and interactions.

I'm don't feel too strongly about this topic but I thought it'd be nice to put my opinion out there and see what everyone else thinks, so I'm only putting this here for discussion from other members, I myself will probably post here very rarely if at all from this post on.

Please leave your comment if you decide to vote. Yes or No isn't an answer you write in tests and exams. Let's have nice long sentences here as well =P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pn
Elderly
Elderly

Female
Number of posts : 564
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Tue May 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Boy wrote:
As you all should know by now, we have a Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles sub-forum that is for asking for battles and whatnot. To me this is fine and all, but do we really need it? I mean we have the chatbox to ask for battles which in my opinion is so much more easier. To me, the battle forum is just a more inconvenient way to get a battle at this forum. Upsides to this idea is that there'll hopefully be more people lingering around the chatbox, hence more interaction between members, which is obviously good. After all, this is a friendly forum and we should promote friendliness and interactions.

I'm don't feel too strongly about this topic but I thought it'd be nice to put my opinion out there and see what everyone else thinks, so I'm only putting this here for discussion from other members, I myself will probably post here very rarely if at all from this post on.

Please leave your comment if you decide to vote. Yes or No isn't an answer you write in tests and exams. Let's have nice long sentences here as well =P.

I kind of agree with you. It isn't really necessary but then again, some newcomers may want to post in the sub-forum because they may not know anyone to battle with..I'm not too sure..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kassandra
Elderly
Elderly

Female
Number of posts : 501
Friend Code : Ask? =]
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Well, for members newer to forums and/or Pokemon, the Wi-fi Battles Forum is a good thing, they see it more often then they see the ChatBox, and it does help some. But in another sense, it's hardly ever used, and I see it as a waste or filler of space on the forum.. It more or less looks like it was put there to make the forums evened out and if we took it out the forums would look a tad off... On larger sites, like Serebii for example, it makes sense to have it there without a chat, and its used more, but on this small forum it would be better to make more big of a deal of the ChatBox and to not really worry about the forums.. And again it's nice to see the forums themselves being active more then the ChatBox... In both ways I'm confused, but I vote No, we don't really need it.

(( Boy, why didn't you put a 'maybe' button?! =P ))

Kass
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/Ksndr26
Chris
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Sat May 23, 2009 8:52 am

I say the 'Pokemon Wi-Fi Battles' section is needed. Firstly, as Kass mentioned, it is a place for new members to request or find battles. Although most battles take place in the Chat Box, I think its good to have a middle meeting place for members... It allows members who aren't online in the Chat Box at the same time as eachother to contact eachother and arrange a battle. Also, if we didn't have the 'Pokemon Wi-Fi Battles' forum, where would we put the endless number of topics that have already been made? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boy
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Sat May 23, 2009 9:13 am

I guess it's true it's a good place to arrange battles lol. But lookin at some of the threads, they don't really arrange a time, they're just "I accept" etc. and by the time they accept, the other persons already offline! xD... I guess it is useful sometimes, and as Chris said.. there'd be nowhere to put them lolol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges :
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Sat May 23, 2009 12:27 pm

ill got to the good place to arrange a battle and arrange a time, and wont be offline. it is useful sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Sun May 24, 2009 12:59 am

Since we have ascertained that the 'Pokemon Wi-Fi Battles' section is needed (sort of XD), this topic will now be locked.
Thanks to everyone who voted and replied!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?   Today at 11:51 am

Back to top Go down

"Pokémon Wi-Fi Battles". Is it needed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1