Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 10
Friend Code : 2321 4887 8893
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Newb Help.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:49 am

Hey.
Well, Im obviosuly new but, this isnt a topic about me being new...

Kinda.

I just want to know a little more about Pokemon:

1st, how do i know what a 'hacked pokemon' is.
2nd, How can i make good pokemon teams? (like how do i do it..)
3rd, Can someone please give me some information on the whole gym 4th,

what are IV's and Ev's?
leader thing and elite four thing on here.
and finally 5th:
how can I make my pokemon.. have a good stat, EG. Speed. also, when

breeding how can i change the nature and what are advantages of the

natures..

Thank you very very much and i expect i will enjoy my stay here on the

boards.

Seeya guyss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boy
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newb Help.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Ok since you've asked quite a few questions here, I'll get through as many as I can before I have to go, and maybe I'll answer the rest later.

Q: How do I know what a "hacked pokemon" is?
A: Well there are several ways, whether their stats are beyond what they can be, if they have valid abilities and moves. Whether their IVs (I'll get to IVs later) are legal if they are legendary Pokemon etc. There are also programs that are used to identify hacked Pokemon I believe since I've read it somewhere, but I have yet to actually see it or anything, so I know pretty much nothing about the programs.

Back on the topic of IVs, just because their IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/31 (maximum IVs), does not mean they are hacked, since the RNG code has been cracked, it isn't that hard to breed a perfect Pokemon.

Q: How can I make good teams?
A: Well the answer to this is very objective, there are many, many ways to build a good team. A good start is to start off with a physical wall, special wall, mixed wall, physical sweeper, special sweeper and a mixed sweeper. You can refer here Guide for a more useful guide.

Another way is to choose one Pokemon, say Tyranitar, and build your team around that Pokemon. Since Tyranitar is weak to steel, ground, and water. A good Pokemon to pair with Tyranitar would be Gyarados, who resists those types. Which gives you an electric weakness and nothing to resist grass, so you may want to add in a Venusaur or something, and keep doing that until you have six Pokemon, this is more advanced since you'll need to counter specific threats but as you gain more experience, this usually works better than the first suggestion.

There are many other ways to build good teams but you'll learn enough by yourself by the time you make two or three teams.

Q: What are natures?
Every Pokemon is given a nature when it appears in the game. Natures can either be beneficial to one stat and hindering to another, or neutral to all stats. A nature (if it isn't a neutral nature) adds 10% more stat points in one stat, while at the same time decreases another stat by 10%. That's pretty much the basics. To breed a Pokemon with a desired nature, I suggest you try and catch dittos of the most important natures and give them everstones. This way, when you breed your desired Pokemon with the correct natured Ditto, you will have a 50% chance of obtaining the correct nature. Here's a list of the Natures

Q: What is EV training?
A: Refer Here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xPandora
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 10
Friend Code : 2321 4887 8893
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Newb Help.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:59 pm