Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 pm

There are two reasons why I generally post an RMT: it's either

a) I've used this team for a long time in WiFi and it works really well.

b) I've used this team for a short time in WiFi and I can't use it for my life, however, I think it deserves a mention.

Fortunately, this is a case for the first condition.

The history of this team is that I made it up one day when I thought about the infamous Scizor + Tran combination and attempted to harness it, but then I felt that bulky water types would do a great job walling it. For that reason, I opted to add Zapdos, and make it a physical wall. I also needed a special wall, and I noticed I had two good counters for Scizor (Zapdos and Tran), so I was bent on setting in Latias. At that time, I was used to a Metagross Lead. With Latias and Tran being susceptible to a scizor kill, I felt that I needed a pokemon that could kill scizor unexpectedly. For that reason, I opted to run DD ttar.

My team:

Metagross a.k.a. "Bully" (No Gender)
Adamant @ Occa Berry
252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
-- Stealth Rock
-- Bullet Punch
-- Earthquake
-- Explosion

So this is your typical metagross lead. His Bullet Punch + EQ combination comes in very handy as it takes down Aerodactyl, Ninjask, Smeargle and Infernape. This is also my main sleep fodder for Gengar, Yanmega, Smeargle, and Roserade leads. Against slower leads, i tend to just stealth rock and explode because usually, those leads can come back in later in the game as tanks, i.e. Hippowdon, Bronzong, Swampert, so I'd rather just get in some damage. SR pressure helps me out a lot as this team tends to force many switches. Granted, I don't have a ghost, but this team tends to KO those spinners and works fine without it.

Heatran a.k.a. "Chubba" (Male)
Naive @ Choice Scarf
4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
-- Fire Blast
-- Earth Power
-- Hidden Power [Ice]
-- Explosion

Rawr! It's Scarftran! Nowadays, most people expect it to be Shuca'd, but this is my main revenge killer and people that have faced me know that I am good at faking. So rather than fake, go for the real deal. The scarf helps me deal some damage in early game, but it shines in the mid-late game parts when I know the opponent's team. Fire Blast warrants this to be my main Scizor killer as well as forretress switch-out. Magnezone can't come in safely to kill this baby. Earth Power also lets me KO some enemy heatrans (this one is naive simply for the purpose of outspeeding). HP Ice is used over HP grass simply because Mences tend to switch in on an Earth Power. When I'm all done, I'll explode away, dealing a huge chunk of damage (but sadly, not OHKOing) a special wall.

Zapdos a.k.a. "24P4T05" (No Gender)
Bold @ Leftovers
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
-- Thunderbolt
-- Roost
-- Heat Wave
-- Hidden Power [Grass]

Alright, I'll give a cookie to anyone who figures out what the nickname means. This is my main physical wall. This is my U-turn fodder (assuming SR isn't up, in which case heatran is). T-bolt is for STAB on water and flying-types who switch in on Heatran. Heat Wave also makes this another scizor counter as well as KOing forretress and makes it a safer counter vs metagross, assuming he doesn't explode. HP Grass is for when a pert switches into Heatran and I switch to this to "dodge the EQ" and promptly KO. DD ttar is handled by scizor and heatran. However, DD gyara is harder to counter so I usually send in meta as death fodder for the stone edge and send in heatran to explode.

Latias a.k.a. "Lana" (Female)
Timid @Leftovers
128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
-- Calm Mind
-- Dragon Pulse
-- Recover
-- Reflect

Standard Defensive Latias. The resists given are generally appreciated, especially fighting (as once Zapdos is gone, this team has bigger problems). CM provides defensive boosts to take special hits better. Recover is standard for healing. Reflect is incredibly helpful in taking out DD gyara as now zapdos has a chance of living a +1 stone edge and OHKOing with t-bolt It also helps with Scizor living some EQ's to switch-in and OHKO. CM + D-pulse + Reflect helps deal with ice type attackers, namely mamoswine, and starmie with Ice Beam. When Lati has enough CM's up, it is nearly unstoppable, except by Empoleon. However, Scizor takes care of that.

Scizor a.k.a. "!Xobile" (Female)
Adamant @ Choice Band
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
-- U-Turn
-- Superpower
-- Pursuit
-- Bullet Punch

Alright, I'll give a cookie to whoever can tell me the reference to the nick. No cheating. CB is the way to go to keep up the offensive pressure. U-turn scouts some neat switches and KO's enemy latias, celebi, cresselia, starmie and ludicolo (on the chance i face a rain dance team). Superpower OHKO's T-Tar (the EVs are figured to out run neutral ttars in the case of babiri berry), Magnezone, and Empoleon. Pursuit is devastating against fleeing ghosts, namely Gengar, and Azelf. Bullet Punch is standard to OHKO Gengar, Azelf, Mence (switch-in as it DD's or outrages), Mamoswine, Weavile, etc. Overall, this is my devastating powerhouse that I tend to use in the mid-late game.

Tyranitar a.k.a. "Rex-O" (Female)
Adamant @ Babiri Berry
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-- Dragon Dance
-- Fire Punch
-- Stone Edge
-- Crunch

This is my revenge Scizor killer and usually the last guy that I show. However, I sometimes send him in early to set up sand and to fake a CB. DD up on something that T-Tar scares out, forcing Scizor to Bullet Punch, take the Bullet Punch because of the Babiri, and Fire punch to KO. Stone Edge is nice damage on Gyarados and Zapdos as well as Mence. Crunch is there for a predicted Starmie switch-in (it outspeeds after a +1). She is my main finisher to go for one final sweep. It doesn't mind t-spikes since by then there should only be 3-4 pokemon left to KO and they should all be at low enough health.

Yes, I ripped it straight from the smogon RMT under my Shoddy nick/Smogon Account StevenSnype, and it has worked well, but I've used it long enough and have begun to use other teams. Granted, it's a completely OU team, but my main preference of battling is OU. I don't know the rest, and I'm not yet bored with the OU metagame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges :
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 pm

they said something like "hp grass should be hp ice, latias can handle swampert, and scizor can help"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

that's true, but generally, if anything DD's, I have a problem without a phazer, preferably with a reliable recovery move and setting up sr. Gyarados is usually the most threatening as it carries stone edge and taunt. Next comes Mence, and finally babiri tar. Pert (what they suggested) somewhat works, but lack of recovery really hurts. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monk
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 33
Badges :
Friend Code : 5370 3697 9415
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:15 pm

I've tried a similar team before, stall teams, and more speed based teams rape you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boy
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Your team seems to be fairly well made, however I do think you should replace Reflect on Latias for Surf. If you have time to reflect, you should use that turn to either Calm Mind or Recover. However, if you do choose to stick with Reflect, I would suggest Wish so you can pass heals to your team as well as the defense boost.
Also, you seem to have trouble with Gyarados and Salamence if they get a DD up, I suggest an Azelf or Aerodactyl lead to ensure highest possibilities of laying down stealth rock to hinder them. Metagross leads are good, but they are easily taunted by other Azelf/Aerodactyls, but I guess you can kill them easily by opting to not lay down SR early.

One last thing.
Quote :
I've tried a similar team before, stall teams, and more speed based teams rape you.
This is a RMT. If you're going to post crap like that, don't post at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Devastators: An OU RMT   Today at 12:30 am

Back to top Go down

Team Devastators: An OU RMT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1