Dragonite, nature=Quirky, item amulet coin
moveset dragon rush, dragon dance, thunder, wing attack

Empoleon(pippy), nature=serious, item water incense
moveset waterfall, aqua jet, surf, hydro cannon

Tyraniter, nature=careful, item stone plate
moveset earthquake, stone edge, dark pulse, rock slide

Lucario, nature=timid item (suggestion)
moveset me first, aura sphere, force palm, close combat

metagross, nature=lonely item (suggestion)
moveset bullet punch, confusion, metal claw, pursuit

Salamance, nature=serious, item dragon fang
moveset dragonbreath, bite, crunch, zen headbutt

I use tyraniter first to whip up a sandstream then just go along with watever my opponent uses
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Team   Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 pm

There are lots of things I'm noticing that should be changed with this team.

I have to question the natures: It's a good idea to breed/sav your team so they have ideal natures. It seems to me that it should be the following:

Dragonite: Naughty/Lonely (Dragon Rush is not good to use as your main attack. Dragon/Flying/Electric offense from your dragonite makes it completely walled by steel types. Perhaps Dragon Claw, Fire Blast, and EQ would do along with Dragon Dance? Also, Amulet Coin is useless in competitive battling as you don't gain money.)

Metagross: Adamant (Get rid of Confusion and Metal Claw. They're outclassed by Psychic and Meteor Mash respectively. Rather than the confusion/psychic, I'd recommend Earthquake to hit Fire Types and other steels. Give it a Life Orb.)

Empoleon: Bold/Impish: Monotype movesets are never good. The only move on that set kept should be surf. (Aqua Jet probably for priority). Empoleon also works as a fine Stealth Rocker. Ice Beam is good for grass types and Roar could be fine to get rid of anything that you don't want now.

Tyranitar: I'm alright with the Careful nature here. Run a specially defensive bulky CB ttar with Crunch, Aqua Tail, Stone Edge, and Pursuit. With the EV Spread of 252 HP/ 40 Atk/ 218 Sp. Def. It'll be a fine latias killer.

Lucario: It seems to me you're trying to make this one a special attacker. You can keep the timid nature and add Choice Specs or a novel Calm Mind Set with Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Close Combat, and Calm Mind. Give it a Life Orb.

Finally the Mence: Make it a mixmence. You have tons of trouble with Bulky Waters with Draco Meteor/ EQ/ Fire Blast/ Outrage (Smogon Set). Give it a Life Orb too. However, if you are going to make this a mixmence, I suggest making the Empoleon a lead and getting rid of the Dragonite as they form similar roles. It's just that one is more offensive, albeit less bulky than the other. I'm not sure what to put in.

Also, it would be easier for us to rate your team if you could mention how the pokemon are EVd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rate my Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1