Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 THE RANKING SYSTEM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AK
Elderly
Elderly


Male
Number of posts : 893
Age : 19
Location : Canada
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:46 pm

7 , I'm reading what ur saying and seems like ur making an excuse to. Ring shitty Pokemon in OU because you have no strategy no sense of the tier and overall can't win so that's your excuse , plus I am reading what you had to say and some of the things you say don't make sense and seems liek your trying to talk smart but really what the heck are you saying .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Frozone
Admin
Admin


Male
Number of posts : 212
Ribbons : Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 pm

tbh stop firing at 7 -.-, i am the one who stated that it makes it less fun with OU if you have a problem aim that at me. and Ak does it really matter at all what anyone says? you all are fighting for no reason same to you allen. yes i have respect for all of you as people but atm seems like you are just trying to put others down.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad
Rookie


Male
Number of posts : 50
Age : 21
Friend Code : 0904-9200-4948

heartgold version
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 pm

So we're probably not going to use the ranking system, right? banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozone
Admin
Admin


Male
Number of posts : 212
Ribbons : Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 pm

probably not.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
7
Rookie


Female
Number of posts : 52
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 am

Allen wrote:
7 you were targeting me first everything you said was based on what I said, so obviously I had to reply.
This is true. Sorry! I tried to include things other people had said too, but it seems to just have been you in retrospect. I'm sorry about that.

Allen wrote:
-the fact that you think WIFI players are better than PO players proves that you havent battle much at all.
Never said that, bro. It is true I don't personally battle much, but I'm...pretty good at Pokemon theory considering I've been watching Pokemon Online battles (and participating on and off) for about two years, and competitive Pokemon battles in general for about four.

I don't like competitive battling in general anymore, though, considering I focus on MUSICALS! GLORIOUS MUSICALS. So it feels like this entire thing was a waste of time! But what a good time-killer it was.
Allen wrote:
-Not knowing about the new Pokegen software that lets to make pokemon looks exactly like they have been bred and 99% of WIFI players use it. All youtubers uses this I believe. IVs breeding and EVing is so 2009/2010.
Never said that either, bro. It's not even that new. It's still a hack, regardless of legitimacy, and I dislike hacks in general, even if the general populace uses it.

Although, this gives me a great idea! Thanks, Allen.

ak wrote:
7 , I'm reading what ur saying and seems like ur making an excuse to. Ring shitty Pokemon in OU because you have no strategy no sense of the tier and overall can't win so that's your excuse , plus I am reading what you had to say and some of the things you say don't make sense and seems liek your trying to talk smart but really what the heck are you saying .
First off, let me say I have no idea who you are, so hi, ak! I'm 7, also known as Variant. I have an intro topic and everything!

Getting that out of the way, I don't know why you have such animosity towards me. I'm not "trying to talk smart"; I just like to use big words when I type (and also type a lot), to counteract all of the people I see that don't, or just type improperly. There are a lot of people who do this. I just refuse to type properly on any sort of chatbox-like mechanism because it makes me feel like I'm being a pompous asshole.

My excuse to bring in shitty Pokemon in OU could have been because I'm too good to do that, but you never know! (It's not, though.) I'm not bad at competitive Pokemon, I just don't have much of an interest in it anymore.

I would sum up the points I made, but not only am I too lazy to do that, most of the points were also invalidated by my girlfriend (as I specifically said one post ago), so there's really no point for me to do that at this time.

Frozone wrote:
tbh stop firing at 7 -.-, i am the one who stated that it makes it less fun with OU if you have a problem aim that at me. and Ak does it really matter at all what anyone says? you all are fighting for no reason same to you allen. yes i have respect for all of you as people but atm seems like you are just trying to put others down.
Thanks, bro.

You can still keep going with the ranking system, if that's what you think is good, Frozone! Nobody said it was a bad idea, it's just that Allen and I had two different approaches to the system, which led to GIANT WALLS OF TEXT thanks to my loquaciousness and Allen's quoting method.



But yeah I'm not going to post in this topic anymore. I seem to type a lot and apparently derail the thread when I do? Not sure how that works. In the common interest of promoting forum ideas, I'll end this note with suggestions.

How about trying a win-lose ratio against competitive Wi-Fi battlers on Rayquaza Forums for a few months, then organizing the ratio based on averages? It'll probably end up as faulty as Allen's example earlier, but maybe it won't! I don't know, this seems like a new idea to me so I don't have anything to go off of. Another idea is running a couple of tournaments on the forum in various tiers, I guess? I'm not at all sure if these even make sense to most of you, but it does for me, and even then I'm not sure if it'll be accurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.shaychu.com/
Frozone
Admin
Admin


Male
Number of posts : 212
Ribbons : Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

im still trying to make a way to do the system, i am looking at several approaches and seeing which one is unique but at the same time somewhat accuarate.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly


Male
Number of posts : 893
Age : 19
Location : Canada
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:50 pm

yes yes fine. ill shutup, let the battles speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
chomper
Trainer
Trainer


Female
Number of posts : 466
Location : Allen's Pokeball
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm

7 do you even read what you type?


7 wrote:
I disagree because both players have perfect IV's. When, in a real world situation, would you ever see that happening? If you somehow have six legitimate magically 31-IV'd flawless EV's Pokemon with the perfect movesets and so on, what are the chances that your opponent has the same, and what are the chances that the match would go smoothly for both sides? Battling relies as much on Pokemon raising (and luck) as it does on actual tactics.

This whole paragraph pretty much implies that you never heard of pokegen before even stevie wonder can see that. 6 perfect ivs pokes are everyday in WIFI world. And dude only you and Jesus Christ knows that its hack, your opponent can check the pokes from head to toe and wont find anything. Using pokegen is smart and saves time.

7 wrote:
It's true that Pokemon Online battlers are more Smogon-aligned (not that I think it's a good thing, but that's for another rant) but that doesn't mean they're all good. I'm sure you know, since you're obviously well-versed in Pokemon Online, that about half of the people on there are n00bs. (I am including myself into the approximation because, despite the fact that I know kinda a lot about competitive battling, I'm not very good in practice.) It doesn't make it any more different from Wi-Fi battling, except maybe that Pokemon Online has all of the perfect flawless Pokemon and there are n00bs more easily accessible to you unless you go on Serebii's IRC.

This paragraph implies that WIFI players are better than PO by saying that PO is full of noob . If you didnt mean it that way, then you are aggreeing with me that PO players are better than WIFI? ok then.. Do you have any other reason why a PO laddering would not work? except the flawless pokes and how some people cant download it (only Zstorm but hell get it fix im sure) If not then Case closed!

It obvious that youre trying to draw attention on here by post 500 word post about nonsense. Like AK said your just making an excuse on how youre "used to be good at battling" when in fact that you prolly havent had more than 10 battles in your life.


Last edited by Allen on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad
Rookie


Male
Number of posts : 50
Age : 21
Friend Code : 0904-9200-4948

heartgold version
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 pm

we're all just one big happy family, right guys......................... i guess not.............. well at least i tried. Guys you should just drop this whole argument cause isn't it kinda pointless. Why don't we all just focus on how we'll create a rating system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer


Female
Number of posts : 466
Location : Allen's Pokeball
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:34 am

I gave a great idea by using a PO laddering system, however 7 disagrees for no legit reason.

Anyways, I was thinking about start our own Rayquaza PO server with our own tiers and everything. Actually I did ran it before however due to bad java script It wouldnt run smoothly so i had to deleted it. So anyone that knows anything about writing scripts and willing to help me out with this please contact me.

Instructions about starting your own server can be found here : http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?23-Tutorial-on-how-to-run-a-server
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly


Male
Number of posts : 893
Age : 19
Location : Canada
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 pm

holy thats hard and takes a LOT of effort....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
firepoi
Rookie


Male
Number of posts : 98
Friend Code : 2494 1032 8255 Soulsilver
3525 1441 9737 white
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 am

so, are we having our own PO server?! dang! thats really cool!, but I think that we need the other 3 gym's and an elite 4, ak, allen, you for example should be gym leaders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: THE RANKING SYSTEM   Today at 9:51 am

Back to top Go down
 
THE RANKING SYSTEM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» [CONTEST] Create your own user ranking system
» Virtual Trainer Global Ranking System?
» Craigtone's System
» Blue's Bank event system
» Ballute System for MG Rick Dias

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rayquaza Forum-Motion :: Misc. :: Archives-
Jump to: