Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Straticus
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover

Female
Number of posts : 253
Badges :
Friend Code : 1204 5955 5446
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello fellow members of this forum. I ask not for your sole infliction whether you must dislike me or are a friend of mine, but as brethren I have an important piece of news for you all.

There has been conspiracy of a bill, to be presented to congress to the United States, called SOPA. SOPA
is a bill that will lead the internet usage which you probably all regularly recognize as your destination to downloads, sharing content, video links and more, to be solely restricted by your government. Thats right, the U.S. wants to restrict all of these things from you and all other citizens by passing a bill that will get rid of all of this.

And guess who are some of the main supporters of this bill? In the majority, the hollywood industry. Because of the loss of record sales due to "infringement downloading" on sites such used with torrent files, like ThePirateBay, were targeted here for allowing this kind of distribution where the companies could not make money due to sharing of files.

Now in summary, what does this all mean? All your favorite sites, such as Youtube, Tumblr, Facebook, Mediafire, Megavideo, ThePirateBay, Twitter, and forum sites just like this that could distribute links or hosting of "illegal" content will be gone if nothing is done

My advice? If you are a U.S. citizen, speak your rights out to your Lawmakers and Representive of the House.
If you want to keep the internet the way it is, please help support this. I know all of us can have a voice in this, and I wanted to share this with you because I care about this issue too.

For help of distributing this information to yourselves to contact your state representatives, lawmakers, etc, etc, go here: http://americancensorship.org/posts/1/uncensor#general

For EXTRMELY GOOD evidence and information explaining this more smoothly than me (if you cant understand me fully) use these links. They contain everything to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9oeJgrVrq0&feature=related

Thanks for reading. And join this fight for keeping the internet the way we want it! Not what the government can restrict us too!

(Row, row, fight the powah!) =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1503
Ribbons :
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:25 pm

NO! one cannont simply restrict the internet.... there will be ways and there will be sites that get around this..... i for one disagree with this because of [cencored by the legistration of Rayqauza forums] and for that reason... hey a man has got needs don't they?

oh yea, no downloading, that will be bad too... they cant stop that..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:49 pm

America isnt all that freedom like they say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
ctrl_alt_destroy
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 57
Friend Code : 1805-5035-5857
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:55 pm

This cannot go unlooked ppl are gonna rage over this loss and will probably spark a huge riot.The US needs to stop being a newfag and look at the bigger picture,all of this stuff like memes, friends, video watching, pr0nz, music, and others such as this will be gone if not ruined if this stupid bill passes.~lets all help out guys -w-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Ribbons :

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:50 pm

when will we know if this bill gets past or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols :
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

when your internet doesnt work anymore? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ctrl_alt_destroy
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 57
Friend Code : 1805-5035-5857
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

haha the bill is set to be voted on january 24th i believe and if memory serves they need 41 votes against the bill to decline it >,<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Ribbons :

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 pm

just to rebring attention this, it is today, can Americans update this thread to keep us (those not in the USA) up to date as i cannot find anything about it at the moment...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloobobo
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

41 votes is easy shet. besides, who the heck besides psyco soccor moms would do that? no one can simply restrict internet like they plan to do. it's not that simple. If they do though, I'm moving to Japan. oh and "Brethren"? I'm a chicka, lupe. more like Bretheren and Sisterens... or whatever lol. FAMILY. there u go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:46 pm

LOL Bloo your so random.. Anyways nothing happened yet even if its the bill is passed its gonna take some time before making it into a law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozone
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 212
Ribbons : Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 pm

This Law goes agianst the 3rd and a half amendment: HE WHO DOESNT LIKE THE INTERNET MUST GTFO. HE WHO USES IT KEEP IT UP.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloobobo
Rookie

Female

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 am

exactly! It's the internet, don't go on the internet expecting to not come across some raunchy pics now and then, fowl language, sl*tty videos, cyber-bullying, etc. They say cyber bullying is illegal but people still do it, and cops really don't do anything to help. Anyway though, a little off topic. My point is, don't want the risk of seeing that crap? Don't go on the internet! and if moms don't want their kids on it? DON'T LET THEM ON IT. There's ways to block things too, you know. Besides, there's people who rely on the internet for money/jobs! and people to talk to. You're pissing off a lot of the internet if you make that a law. All the more people to have chasing after Obama for his head. If Obama has any brains at all, he won't do it. Otherwise people will be protesting for his blood. And even I don't like cyberbullying, or stuf I see, but I deal with it. I rely on the internet for my art and gaming! That's my life. Okay? That's like the only thing I even had planned out for the future. I'm gunna end up as an electrician or plummer... I just know it. v.v

......... -puts on mario hat and grabs a plunger- Might as well get experiance for my resum'e now. -.-"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Ribbons :

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Fello members, i just wanna have this last word, just in case forumotion gets hit with the SOPA attack...

it has been a worthy few years working and getting to know all of you, and if something does happen and Forumotion gets hit, i just wanted to say it was an honnor. and that I love Ray's its a place to get away from the real world.

i know its a bit soppy but on other forums they say that they may get shut down due to this, so if it does happen i want you all to know i will miss you..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I Think there's this petition you can sign to go against SOPa, I don't have the link but I saw it somewhere, so go search it up and sign it guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Bloobobo
Rookie

Female

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

don't you have to be at least like 18 to sign it? Either way, if 41 signatures is all they need, it's not gunna be that hard. I'm sure if everyone on all the forums I go to were to sign it, they'd have a hard time passing the law. Plus people who like internet for other reasons. Though I doubt they'll pass it as a law it does kind of scare me. Maybe the mayans were right! THE APPOCOLYPSE WILL HAPPEN. The internet is going to die... we will die! D:

I'll miss you all TT-TT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Ribbons :

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm

(This comment has been removed by ACTA)

Don't knwo what ACTA is? Its worst than SOPA or PIPA

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.   Today at 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down

SOPA: The Future of the internet must NOT be changed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1