AuthorMessage
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 pm

These pokemon were always with me for such a long time and I find them to be useful competitively also.

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Nature:Impish
Evs:236Hp/96Atk/176Def
-Earthquake
-Stealth rock
-Rapid spin
-Knock off
Role:Donphan is one of my 2 possible leads and one of my 2 pokemon who can take physical hits. These moves are pretty self explanatory, and knock off for making opponents near useless without their items. Im not too fond of donphan however, because it has a useless ability. But rapid spin helps though. Any GROUND type pokemon replacements?

Breloom@Toxic orb
Ability:Poison heal
Nature:Jolly
Evs:156Hp/100Atk/252Spd
-Spore
-Seed bomb
-Focus punch
-Stone edge
Role:Physical sweeper who annoys and pisses off people. Spore would be better than taunt only if breloom was faster...but still fast enough to outspeed alot of setup pokemon. No sub is needed, I have always battled with this set and always was successful, sub is just a waste of moveslot.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Careful
Evs:144Hp/96Atk/20Def/252Spdef
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Dragon dance
-Earthquake
Role:Specially defensive tank. Only special weakness is electric which can be supported by donphan. Rely on its incredible bulk to set up DDs and sweep the entire team.

Magnezone@Leftovers
Ability:Magnet pull
Nature:Calm
Evs:92Hp/184Def/16SpAtk/216SpDef
-Thunder
-Substitute
-Light screen
-Iron defense
Role:Mixed"wall"/tank. Okay this is going to be very strange. First off magnezone proves to be an amazing special wall because it resists almost every special attack except for fire and water moves-Light screen is the answer. And although he doesnt need to, it is preferred that he set up substitute, and use 3 iron defenses on an opposing steel type that cant harm him. Once he sets all them up, almost no one can break his sub while he kills everyone with thunder. Ground types are a problem though, but my Breloom and Gyarados will kill them first:) (I actually tested this and an aerodactyls earthquake didnt even break the sub)

Houndoom@Choice scarf
Ability:Flash fire
Nature:Lonely
Evs:36Hp/252Atk/216SpAtk/4Spd
-Overheat
-Sucker punch
-Reversal
-Solarbeam
Role:Mixed sweeper. 4Evs in spd with a choice scarf lets me outspeed base +105 pokemon and if that isnt enough, sucker punch solves the problem(especially for starmies and gengars) Reversal for when its hp is low and kill some tyranitars and some blisseys. Solarbeam to kill a switch in ground/water/rock type pokes.

Gengar@Life orb/Black sludge(which one??)
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
Evs:156Hp/104SpAtk/248Spd
-Shadow ball
-Focus blast
-Thunderbolt
-Sludgebomb/trick(trick if I use black sludge)
Role:Special sweeper. Modest for more power

You guys may also realize that I have a typing synergy obsession. In EVERYSINGLEONE of my teams, I must have a water,fire,grass,electric,steel,and ghost type pokemon no matter what. Also I think all of you guys realize all of my pokemon have at least 1 immunity to support each other. Gengars immunity of fighting,normal,and ground to help out houndoom and magnezone. Brelooms status absorbtion. Gyarados's immunity to ground again for magnezone and houndoom. Magnezone's immunity to poison for toxics and rare poison moves on my breloom. Houndoom's immunity to flash fire for breloom and magnezone, psychic immunity for breloom and gengar. And donphans immunity to electric for gyarados.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 am

I think most people here are with gen 5 right now. Come to Chatbox and hopefully youll find someone that still plays 4.

I havent played gen 4 for so long, but I do recall scizor and starmie are the 2 biggest threats (thats why weavile and jolteon are in OU to check starmie) also theres the very threatening jirachi/flygon, flygon/scizor or scizor/kingdra offensive cores and the old school skarm/bliss defensive cores. Just have those threats covered and youll be alright.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozone
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 212
Ribbons : Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:13 am

Cool en 4 team in my opinion, but yeah like Allen said cover the checks for skarm/bliss,

Rating: 6/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 am

Yea I hate gen 5 especially when i have been playing for 13 yrs. I just hate the newer and newer pokemon dominating the old ones:( And Magnezone counters scizor, houndoom covers starmie with suckerpunch well especially after SR. Jirachi is dead once Magnezone traps him, and I can always get Donphan with ice shard to kill flygon. And my cousin uses a specs kingdra and I battle him often and always was able to take care of kingdra with my DD gyarados. And Magnezone is skarmorys biggest counter..So how exactly am I threatened by skarmory?? And breloom can just make blissey go to sleep and kill it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1503
Ribbons :
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:44 pm

I kinda enjoyed fifth gen the animations are getting better and better, ok 30% of the Pokemon have bad designs but yea I don't think the new pokemon are too overpowered, I have been playing since jhoto but, I dunno I think it's not bad since the story is regurgitated over again...

Anyway I think you could have a heathen problem, since a heatran with HP ice can hit 4/6 for super effective and I think Heatran is capable of Ohkoing gengar with fire blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Starmie is a huge threat to your team. You have nothing to switch into it. It can sweep your team cold if houndoom is dead. Take a look at this scenario, Starmie VS donphan/breloom/gyrados/gengar you have nothing to switch into a starmie attack and something must die.. I guessing you then bring in houndoom, but a thinking player will know that the only reason you would bring a houndoom into a starmie is that your houndoom is choiced...

Dragonite after a dragon dance can sweep this team too. Run ice shard instead to knock off on donphan....

Magnezone cant beat superrachi Jirachi 1v1 (the most common set in gen 4 metagame, CM, HPground, thunderbolt, psychic) Speaking of which this set is a huge threat to your team as well, bar houndoom, however after 1 CM houndoom cant ohko with overheat.

Why are you running thunder on magnezone? it has 70% accuracy meaning skarm has 30% chance of bailing out of your trap by using whirlwind. In sandstorm thunder only has 50% accuracy....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Actually yes starmie is a threat to my team but until I got a magnezone. I once versed a player who had starmie and he swept my whole team with starmie. Its moveset was surf,thunderbolt,ice beam, and psychic. But when I got a magnezone it was all solved. And I run thunder because I wanted more power because of the lack of spatk evs I invested in him. And 70% isnt all that bad actually, well at least from my experience.

Hmm true..but Donphans ice shard wont KO dragonite, should I get a Mamoswine instead for countering DD dragons? But the problem is that Mamoswine is pretty frail and 4 other pokemon in my team are frail. Any suggestions?

Or maybe I should run a claydol for superachi but thats just one set and I dont think running a certain pokemon for just one possible set out of the many out there isnt a good idea..

Hey btw your not really 10 yrs old right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 pm

The extra power is nice but the miss can cost alot especially against a ttar where you only have 50%, making your plan to trap skarm fail 50% of the time, thats alot in the pokemon world. Idk its up to you. And with your set you gotta watch out for those dugtrios, they can come in and trap you cold. Thats the reason I dont like the gen 4 metagame, mainly because theres no team preview, you wont know if they have a ground poke or not because you havent seen it yet. Also the predictions level in gen 4 is alot softer, you cant really predict what they are gonna switch to when you dont know whats left on their team. I prefer gen 5 thanks to team previews.

Donphan ice shard is a 2hko dnite, with donphan bulk dnite wont be able to ohko it either thus making donphan comes out on top in that matchup, unless dnite gets like 3dragon dances, but im sure your smart enough not to let that happen.

There are 2 good jirachi sets in gen 4, superrachii and haxerachi (ironflinching). Both of those jirachis sets are a pain in the butt back in the days. Whenever they try to threaten jirachi, just switch to momma flygon and vice versa.

And no im not 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

okay thanks ill take your advice/suggestions into consideration. Finally i found a site where people can actually help me:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate   Today at 6:19 am

Back to top Go down

Gen 4 team(Favorite pokemons)rate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1