Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 am

Hello members of Ray, Today I wanna share a team with you guys that I just hit #1 on PO right now. This team is varaint of Adrians rain team that he made, initially
he asked me to fix it for him so I change some evs and pokes around, test it, start liking it and laddered with it. This team has no BW2 pokes or abilities, proving that you do not need them to hit the top spot. Without further ado, lets get on with the team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 212 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

At first I ran a scarf jirachi and defensive toed, but I didnt think it worked out too well, so i decided to vice versa it. Specially defensive jirachi is a counter to lati twins and the newly tornadus (specs Draco meteor only does around 30%, and life orb hurricane did around 25ish% LoL). Rocks is needed because this poke forces alot of switches so theres always an oppurtunity to set up. Body slam is for the 60% para and iron head is for the 60% flinces. Paraflinches is a very underrated combo and even cheap at times, but I think its very deadly. Lastly uturn is for switch advantage.

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Scarf toed is very underrated, not alot of people uses it and tbh im not sure why. Hydropump in the rain hits like a boss, considering water is the 2nd best attack (dragon is #1) theres arent many things that can switch into a pump. Hidden power grass + ice beam is for coverage, and last but not least scarf perish song might seem odd but it counters stuff like baton pass teams and volcanrona. Unfortunately I need timid nature to outspeed, alakazam and +1 dragonite.

Feraligatr (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I make this gator set max hp and max attack because :

252 SpAtk Starmie Thunder vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Feraligatr: 68.45% - 80.75%- This means with max hp, gator will survive starmie thunder if its not holding a life orb, with life orb, you have 30% to survive, that is some insane bulk so theres no reason to give gator max speed. Because of that bulk focus sash isnt need but instead mystic water is a better item.

a +4 Aqua jet torrent range in the rain ohkos everything. Here some calcs:

252 +4 Atk Mystic Water Torrent Feraligatr (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0 HP/0 Def Salamence: 90.63% - 106.65% - Ohkos Mence
252 +4 Atk Mystic Water Torrent Feraligatr (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 4 HP/0 Def Latios: 99.34% - 116.89% - Ohkos latios

As you can see gator is powerful in rain if mence and latios gets ohko that means theres ALOT of pokes that will get ohko. Its not hard to get +4, sets up on pokemon that cant harm it like scizor choiced bullet punch. And because it can live thunder from a starmie, theres not many attack that can ohko it, maybe jolteon thunder or celebi leafstorm. I might change the item to lum berry because im sick of getting burn/poison however mystic water gives it a nice boost in attacks.
I run EQ to hit tentacruel and toxicroak because they wall this set.

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

I have been using this scizor set on my main team and loving it. Iron plate boosts steel attacks my 20% and allow you to bluff the band. Also iron plate allows scizor to ohko dnite, latios, latias after rocks and mence without rocks. The Hp and Atk evs are to maximine scizor bulk in order for it to set up sword dances and sweep with bullet punch. The best time to set up with scizor is ferrothorn, Chansey, metagross and choice pokes thats lock into a resisted move. In order to sweep, pokes like Jellicent, Heatran, skarm, Tentacruel has to go. The speed evs allow scizor to outspeed politoed, as well as other scizor.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat

The poke needs no introduction and probably one of my favorite pokemon to use right now. He is just a beast! This guy sweep teams so hard, one wrong move can cost you the game. +2 lucario ohkos almost everything in the OU metagame. Pokes that are faster (which are generally frail) will die to extreme speed. Slower pokes will die to Close combat and slower pokes that resist/immune to close combat will die to crunch. There are very very few pokemon (gengar, gliscor) that can take on this guy at +2. OF course if my opponent is carrying those pokes, I make it my #1 priority to kill them before setting up wiht lucario. So basically set up SD on chansey/ferrothorn, no gengar, no gliscor, no random scarfer like ttar, no faster stuff that resist extreme speed, get your rocks up and its GG.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Want an answer to them genies? perhaps keldeo? or scarf terrakion? Then scarf latias is your answer. Surf and thunder are powerful attacks in rain, Draco meteor is for coverage and psychock is for stab. If teams are weakened you can bring this guy in and end it right there.

So there it is, the team that got me to #1, Although it does have some weakness but working around them is the key. Calm mind jirachi can get annoying sometimes, but I have scizor and scarf toed to deal with them. This team obviously is a hyper offensive rain team and have a bunch of set up sweeper which is my styple of play, Scizor, lucario, gator are all capable of sweeping teams if your opponent misplays. Feel free to ask any questions, rate, hate etc. <3

I rush on this rmt so I might not look to good, since im tired atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:08 am

How come you use latias instead of latios for that set?wouldn't he do better? Great team btw Smile

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am

Defense purposes.

Latios HP and defenses are : 80/80/110 and latias is : 80/90/130

Latias can switch into pokes like celebi/rotom ALOT better due the high special defenses. Latios on the other hand even tho it resist water attacks doesnt doesnt take hydropump in the rain too well.

The attack drop isnt noticeable, most of the time you're gonna overkill something with draco meteor or its gonna be a 2hitkill, same with the other attacks. You wont be in an awkward situation where you miss the kill because your not using latios. The defense is need since this team doesnt have much to switch into rotom.

Last edited by Allen on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Hey wheres the thunfder punch on luc? also a defensive jelli can burn ur feraligatr, maybe run crunch, altho tentacruel is used more often. often toxicroaj doesnt realy "wall", as it is frail

9.5/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Badges :

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Note: you are heavily weak to fire x3
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I find that crunch is a better move than tpunch because when I had tpunch I almost never put it to use.

A +2 EQ does about 55% to standard Jellicent. With the crunch, Aqua Jet, Superpower, SD set toxicroak can come in, sets up SD/Bulk up and it could get really ugly since it resists all my gator moves.

I have 3 pokes that resists fire as well.. and because this is a rain team fire attacks shouldnt be a problem.

I find that this team is somewhat weak to keldeo, the sub calm mind variant can set up on jirachi, as jirachi cant break its sub. Im not sure how common sub keldeos are but an easy way to fix that is run zen headbutt instead of U-turn on jirachi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Badges :

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm

run sassy nature with MAX sp.def with thunder on jirachi. should still break subs through calm minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)   Today at 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down

I make it rain! An OU RMT (Current #1 on PO right now)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1