Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey everyone. For the last several days, I have lost my #1 spot not because there was something wrong with the last team, but there are too many people stalking my battles and copying my sets, so therefore they know my team inside and out. However I decide to start a new team, test it and regain my #1 spot again. Today I will introduce you another team, this is a DRAG/MAG team. This team is currently #1 on PO right now. This is a very, very hyper offensive team, and also include 3 of the pokes that I love to use- Latias, Lucario, and Scizor (sorry dnite, Im in love with latias right now). The fastest battle I had with this team was 9 turns and yes it was played till the end.

Spoiler:

Background of DRAG/MAG.

Dragon is the best attack in the game, only one type resist it and everything else takes at least neutral damage to it. Drag/Mag (dragons, magnezone) was an old theory about magnezone trapping the steels (skarm, scizor, Jirachi, Ferrothorn etc) and letting you spam dragon attacks with impunity. This play was outdated and havent had much uses lately, but I still find it very interesting so I decide to give it a shot and build a team around this theory.

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Fire Blast

Specs Hydreigon, this poke hits like a nuke, I mean it! Specs draco meteor ohkos almost anything that isnt steel, bar Blissey (it takes around 40%!). This poke always guarantee a kill for me, Steel pokes CANNOT switch into this guy with impunity simply because they could get ohko by a predicted fireblast. Dark pulse and surf is for coverage. Most of the time, its Draco Meteor spam!!! It okhos dnite through multiscale!

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Healing Wish

I used Latias on my last team and start loving it so I decide to use it once again, I mean who doesnt love this thing? Latias can switch into rotom/celebi with impunity, theres almost no combination of celebi/rotom that can harm latias. I ran choice scarf to revenge kill +2 dragonites and other scarfers, Draco still hits like a nuke, psyshock is for stab and surf is for coverage. Healing wish is a very cool move, especially when Latias is weakened, healing wish works like a full restored on the next incoming poke. And thanks to choice scarf, Latias is able to outspeed almost every poke and passes healing wish off.

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Is there anything that I havent covered about this poke? Scizor is the myth, the legend and the King of OU right now! He has been #1 usage at the end of gen 4 and currently #1 usage for almost a year now. This guy will never go to UU unless theres a priority fire attacks. This set is the same set I used last time because it works so well for me. Theres really nothing to explain about it, I think its self-explainatory. BTW skarm is pretty annoying to scizor so magnezone is your friend in trapping them.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ok before you can spam Draco Meteor, one type has to go, Steel!. Magnezone traps all steel pokes that prevent me from spamming Draco Meteor mainly Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Forretress, Scizor and Skarmory. These steel pokes are the reason dragons isnt going wild and no one checks them better than Magnezone. Choice Specs is for the extra power, Tbolt does almost 50% to maxhp/max specD Jirachi. This poke can trap choice scarf variants of Jirachi thats lock into iron head and kills it. Skarmory, Forretress, Ferrothorn are pretty much helpess when they are trapped. If Scizor kills one of my poke with bullet punch, I can bring in Magnezone and revenge kill scizor, so its like an eye for an eye situation.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

The Extreme Killer Lucario. I love this guy so much you dont even know. Sadly to say that some people prefer terrakion over him. This poke isnt outclassed my anything in OU right now. Standard Lucario set, sets up SD and end it right there. His chance of sweeping is so high if you messes up. Anyways yall heard me talk enough about this guy so theres no need to repeat everything I said last time.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Damn it Allen, why you gotta use weather? Tbh this team is not abusing weather in any way, I use hippodown for stealth rocks and sandstorm to neutralized other weathers. I hate when sun teams start going wild with chorophyll pokes. I could just use Mamoswine and call this a weatheless team, but I like hippowdown's bulk and it checks physical hitters like, Lucario really well.

There you have it, my version of Drag/Mag. I hope you like it. Bascically just trap steel with magnezone and spam powerful attacks into their face until they cant take it anymore xD, There is no stall team that can take such offense and I havent lost to a stall team yet. Anyways any questions about the team, feel free to post.

Last edited by Allen on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 pm

love hydreigon, about people stalking your battles dissalow spectators
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Unfortunately you cant disallow specs in rated battles. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:11 pm

you can tell a moderator to consider it for the next time tey make a version update
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Pokemanz
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 19
Badges :
Friend Code : Black:4986 6226 1139
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Great Team!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Nice team, I like how its hyper offensive as thats my battle style also. But I see you have 3 steels making you vulnerable to a scarf heatran if the dragons are dead and hydreigon can get locked into fire blast too causing a switch and letting your team take more damage after the flash fire boost. And nobody in your team is immune to fire. Scarf heatrans outspeeds your Lucario,(doesnt take much damage from extremespeed either), Magnezone, and Scizor which all get KOed by fire blast/overheat. Just dont let hippowdon switch into a flash fire boosted fire blast and I think you should be fine since a scarf heatrans fire blast is a 3KO to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks for the rate.

Yes I am aware that I have a somewhat of a heatran weakness. In gen 5 theres team preview and that changes that gameplay alot. For example, I have Hydreigon vs Celebi, I know that they have heatran in reserve, I might just go for surf to a celebi predicting the switch to heatran (or just spam draco, it does about 40% to heatran). Heatran has a hard time switching into hydreigon because it could die to a predicted surf or focusblast (I dont use that but some do). This situation does not happen in gen 4 because theres no team preview so theres no way of predicting anything. Second scenario is that my opponent doesnt know that im choiced, I could be life orb/Expert belt and switching a heatran into a non-choice hydreigon isnt that smart. Latias can deal with most heatran variants fairly well, if heatran is locked into a move say...Flash cannon or hp ice, I can bring magnezone in and checkmates it.

This team also has several weakness such as fighting attacks, funny because I initially use mamoswine instead of hippodown, and nothing can switch into a lucario.

The idea of this team is issuing hard hits and taking them as well, I dont mind staying in and foddering my pokes in order to let the next poke comes out safely. Its one of those kamikaze style team- spamming hardcore offenses and ignoring your defenses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)   Today at 12:32 am

Back to top Go down

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! DRAG/MAG Team (Revisted rank #1)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1