chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Clear Skies FTW (#1 weatherless RMT)   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello Rays, First of all I wanna congrats to the new mods, you guys really derserve it. And today I will present you a weather-less offensive team that I've just hit #1 on PO a few days ago. This team does NOT have lucario, OMG ALLEN WTF? After going 37-3 in my first 40 battles with this team, its fair to say that weather, new genies and keldeo isnt need to achieved the #1 spot. Before getting into the team, theres some things I wanna talk about. School is starting soon, so I wont have time to sit on my computer for 2hrs playing PO and I dont know when Ill hit #1 again, however I will still do causal battle from time to time. Second of all, for the last 6 months or so, Ive been playing only standard tier. This leads me not knowing alot of things about pokemon thats in the very low tier. The other day this guy had an octillery, all I know is that its water pokemon and nothing else, so I assume that this thing only learns water attack (maybe icebeam cus I think most water can learn that). I brought scizor in, sets up SD with the intention of sweeping, but he uses fireblast!! I was like wow, I even check his team to see if its a zoroark, heck I dont even know any water pokes beside gyrados that can learn fire attacks. Another scenario is when I was battling Itos venomoth on WIFI, unlike PO where it tells you what type the poke is, I have no idea what type Venomoth is (I could just google, but Im lazy) I set up toxic spikes without knowing its poison. And someone told me that Venomoth is a 1st gen poke, which I did not know, Ive seen Venomoth before and thought it was one of those Hoenn bug pokes lol. Anyways enough of this lets get into the team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Fire Punch

This is a classic gen 4 lead sucidial lead. The main objective of this poke is to quickly set up rocks and blow up on something (preferably spinners). Fire punch is for forretress, but uturn can be ran to gain momentum but I think that its not neccesarry.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Disable
- Substitute

Sub/Disable gengar is a very neat set, with gengar typing most of the time your opponent only has 1 attack to dmg gengar. For example if gengar is behind a sub and disable lucario's crunch its pretty much a force switch for Lucario, same thing with banded scizor. This set trolls the heck out of conkeldurr which this team is pretty weak to. Gengar can also be use as a spin blocker but it cannot spin-block starmie safely, however starmie will have a hard time rapid spinning this team because my remaining pokes are all set up sweepers and rotom which can kill it if it tries to spin.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Rotom or Scrotom. This poke eliminates all the defensive threats that keeps my pokes from sweeping. Donphan, skarmory, hippowdon, gliscor and heatran are the pokes that prevent my sweepers from sweeping. Rotom checks all of them and once the threats are gone, my sweepers can pretty much sweep safely. Choice scarf is need for extra speed and can sometimes be used to end it right there if my opponent doesnt have anything left to outspeed Scarf Rotom.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Standard Dnite set. Thanks to multiscale nothing can ohko this guy and most of the time you can get a DD off. After DD this poke has over 600 in attack, with a 180base power dragon attack is just deadly. Fire punch is for skarms and ferrothorns, while Earthquake is for heatrans. Extreme speed is a very powerful priority and can be used to revenge kill alot of things.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

A double dance/rock gem terrakion, this poke forces alot of switches so setting up on the switch is the way to go. Most standard ttars and heatrans cant really touch this guy so I usually set up on them. Setting up rock polish or sword dance is based on your opponents team, if they have fast pokes like latios, gengar, or chloro venusaur then setting up rock polish is a better play, while if they have a stall based defensive team then sword dance is a recomended. This poke can be replaced by lucario which I try sometimes, but with the dynamic of this team Terrakion preforms a slighty better job.

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

I cannot overstate how powerful scizor is, its a god-gifted poke. When I first start playing, nothing annoys me more than seeing a scizor on my opponent teams, even now I still find scizor very, very annoying. No matter how good or bad you are, scizor will cause problems to your team and I cannot tell you guys how many times this poke has cause trouble to my teams. Oh and rotom is a very good scizor check, another reason why I ran rotom. This set is my standard Iron Plate scizor set that I ran in my last Rmts

There you have it, this is my weather-less team. I really love playing the OU tier as it is the most competitive tier right now. I wouldnt say I have "master" everything in OU but I think I got to the point that I know the OU metagame really well and that I might try to ladder with another tier in the future. I hope you guys like the team because I know I did. Feel free to ask any questions or comments below.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Clear Skies FTW (#1 weatherless RMT)   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey for the azelf I would choose fire blast over fire punch. Make its nature hasty since its got a nice 125 Spatk as well, and just use fire blast for those Forretress's. And azelf is as frail as it is and its carrying a focus sash, AND its a suicide lead so it shouldnt hinder you from running hasty nature with fire blast.

Btw how did you not know Octillery learns fire blast and Venemoth was a gen 1 poke? Did you just not care about those facts or did you not play pokemon at that time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Clear Skies FTW (#1 weatherless RMT)   Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah Ill give fireblast a try. Most of the time I just set up and blow up.

Octillery is a water poke and before that taloon gyrados incident, I didnt know any water pokes that can learn fire attacks, so i guess it was safe to assume that water cannot learn fire. I never played the 1st gen or 2nd gen games, only leaf green and heart gold, which at that time pokes are from every gen so its hard to tell what pokes are in what gen.

I might know alot about battling theory and competitive play but as non-competitive pokemons and pokemon stuff, I fail at those haha.

True story, I saw a marowak once and it got me worried cus I dont know what the heck it can learn or what set it is and smogon at that time didnt have sets for these pokes. I was top 5 at that time and that guy wasnt even ranked so I cant lose that battle. So I went online wasted like 5min looking at marowak stats and moves and try to come up with a possible set in my head. It turns out that my timer is getting low and the guy eventually won the battle because my timer ran out. Half of his teams were pokes I have never encountered and that was my only lost in like 30 battles at that time. LOL that was embarrassing and I will never forget that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Skies FTW (#1 weatherless RMT)   Today at 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Clear Skies FTW (#1 weatherless RMT)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1