Poke Master Amr
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover

Male
Number of posts : 200
Friend Code : 2493 8427 1269
Registration date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Battle Buddies   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am

So basically what this is is something similar to mentors but instead of one person who is a good battler training/ teaching someone who still improving/ new or needs more practice, this is basically two people of similar ability who battle with each other to get better. Say for example, Bob was as good as Bill, they would become battle buddies. They would battle with each other as much as possible, learn from the others (and their own) mistakes, try to develop their teams to become better and beat their buddies team and by doing so become better. What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons :
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Battle Buddies   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 am

I see your Idea, but not to sound to critical but you need to say what the staff can do to moderate it? Do you want a list? You want a usergroup? You need to explain your Ideas more...

ANOTHER POINT!

I don't understand the who idea of what you want, I know the idea, but I believe people already do this, when they do those "Rival" speeches in the chatbox, or the make siggy about it.

Another issue is why should i limit my battling to just one? Could I have more than one battle buddy? Wouldn't that get complicated though? Care to evaluate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury

Male
Number of posts : 552
Friend Code : Platinum FC-1548 5398 5890
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Battle Buddies   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm

I get the feeling this is a little too close to mentoring. Another thing is that while it could help both players, it will only really help them when they play against each other, as if they battle often, they will know how the other battles, but this won't help them so much against someone else who they haven't ever battled before.

I know what you're grasping at, and it could work with some tweaking, like Chrono suggested, more than one 'battle buddy' - but then they may as well just battle around normally. So all in all, I personally don't see this kicking off very well, sorry =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Battle Buddies   Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm

i dont think this will work cuz 2 people can battle all the time either way , except what ur trying to do is get it recognized and i dont think it needs to be recognized
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Poke Master Amr
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover

Male
Number of posts : 200
Friend Code : 2493 8427 1269
Registration date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Battle Buddies   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 pm

"I see your Idea, but not to sound to critical but you need to say what the staff can do to moderate it? Do you want a list? You want a usergroup? You need to explain your Ideas more.."

You're right, i do need to explain my ideas a bit more. So to answer your first point:
What can the staff do to moderate it?
Well:
a. They can accept battle buddies to make sure that someone like AK or Allen doesn not end up with someone new to pokemon
b. Yes i do want a list and even though i try to be active im not always that active they can help moderate the list

Thats about all that comes to my mind right now. Also, i dont think i want a usergroup but yes i will create a list similar to the mentor list.

"Another issue is why should i limit my battling to just one? Could I have more than one battle buddy? Wouldn't that get complicated though? Care to evaluate?"

Well you really aren't, you see, as much as you can battle random people on po, you cant guarantee their skills. You could end up with a noob or with a pro. You're battling isn't limited to just one, but your BB is someone of your ability that can provide you a challenge and a roughly equal chance of winning.

At the start, i would keep it simple its battle buddies not battle trios or etc. And you can only have one official buddy.

Well, I gtg now, i hope this helped answer some questions you guys had. Post more questions and ill do the best to anser them when i get back later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Buddies   

Back to top Go down

Battle Buddies
Page 1 of 1