BattleMaster
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 62
Friend Code : diamond 4082 1236 8738
black 1 1249 6330 3321
white 2 2151 6111 6800
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:30 pm

hey guys me and ito have had a long talk and we think something needs to be done to help imporve the sight and make it more fun for new member. We have decided that its time to possibly restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch but we need your thoughts on this too. Here is a list of idea we have come up with.

1 there will be 3 testers who will test the people looking to be a gym leader or elite4. You will battle each tester, once you have battled all 3 of them the testers will talk it over do decide if you have passed the test or not.

2 those who have been a gym leader before can not retest for the spot as we need to give our new member the chance at taking the spot. If at the end we couldnt fill up the spaces due to lack of members passing the test we will allow some of the old gym member to try out for the spot.

3 Only the toughest battlers on the forum can try out for elite4 spots weather they have been an elite before or a gym leader its all about the 4 best battlers for the spots as we need them to be tough.

4 the testers will use 2 super effective pokemon in there team to test you witch has always been the rule. However the elite tryout the testers will be allowed to use 3 in there team as we need to make it harder for the elite spots so we know they are up for the job.

5 The 3 testers are not allowed to tryout for and spot in the league as they will be testers only. We will need 3 strong testers for the job.

We need to know your thoughts on this and if we have more of the members agree this is a good idea we will be able to talk it over with the admins and see what they think themselves and if they will accept it.

Thank you all

BattleMaster
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols :
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 pm

not a big fan of ALL gym leaders losing out. instead, why not promote some of the gym leaders to elite 4 and then announce at the top of the forum or something saying theres 2 or 3 gym spots available so new members see it as soon as they log on.

And i believe that yes, people should be tested. So maybe test the gym leaders to see whos best suited to be elite 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 pm

well this is definantly a solution to the laggy league. A fresh start might be what we need

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons :
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 am

I don't think at the moment Gab,Chris and L would mind if we removed them from elite 4 spot, I know it's sad but times are changing and we need to have active elite 4.

My only criticism is BM; Time. It seems its going to take time before we start seeing gym leaders get tested by all the testers and then the testers must discuss every individual.

Pawns suggestion is what tends to happen, the 3 best gym leaders at this moment are moved up to elite 4 and spots become available for gym leaders. Which might be a more attractive option?

But a fresh start might not be a bad idea, and actually might be needed? depends on the circumstances?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gates
Elite 4

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 am

I was also a part of this when it being theory crafted and I have to say I agree with this. This is one of the changes this forum really needs right now to get some excitement back in the members/community. I hope the admins reading this really take it into consideration instead of focusing just on how much work it will be. Battlemaster and Ito are willing to test and I'm sure Frozo will still be a tester (because he has been the longest).

However I don't agree with
"5 The 3 testers are not allowed to tryout for and spot in the league as they will be testers only. We will need 3 strong testers for the job." Ito is most likely going to be a tester and I can help test if needed but we should be allowed to tryout for elite 4, meaning we may need four testers.

Also I don't see a problem with:
"2 those who have been a gym leader before can not retest for the spot as we need to give our new member the chance at taking the spot. If at the end we couldn't fill up the spaces due to lack of members passing the test we will allow some of the old gym member to try out for the spot." some of the leaders now are inactive (and may even not want their spot if confronted about it) and we currently still have an opening so we should be able to accommodate everybody who wants a shot, or reclaim their spot, as gym leader.

Again, for the admins considering this, understand its what we (a lot of the most active members) have discussed in the chat box lately as one of the best ways to help revive this forum which is currently on a bit of a downward spiral. The testers (BM and Ito, maybe me) are willing to handle everything. Plus if Chrono gets admin he can rearrange groups without Frozone needing to be on more than he can without stressing.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xThe Cap'nx (Andrew)
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 13
Friend Code : 1206 7699 3260 Soul Silver
2667 0847 5913 Black 2
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 pm

i think that starting fresh would bring the most benefit, but as was said earlier the amount of time it would take would be very stressful and could cause chaos in an already chaotic situation. I think that the best course of action would be to take the fastest route to fixing the league while still allowing as many new members to have a shot at gym slots.

So maybe the best balance would be to move the 3 best up to E4, and then retire 1 or 2 others. Then there would be 4 or 5 slots open, which would be more than the second option of just opening up 3, but it would take much less time and work than opening up all 8 slots.

~Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols :
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 pm

or we could just mve some gym leaders up to e4 which would give you almost half the gym spots open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch   

Back to top Go down

restart the gyms and elite4 from scratch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1