Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Mah Weatherless Team   Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Well here is my latest team. Reached the 1600's and climbing on showdown with it. Tell me what you think Razz

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

Say hello to hellokitty lol. Decided to use him again in this team since he's so awesome at stopping many pokemon. What makes it even better now is that since deoxys is gone, that makes mew's stalling abilities even better since deoxys is one of the only defensive pokemon that can stop my mew. Mew's my stall breaker errrrr troller. Pretty sure most people know how well this set does. Fun to use too. I just taunt, then burn and stall from there. Wil-o-Wisp takes care of ttars and terrakoins that would otherwise threaten my team. Ice beam is great for taking out dragons like dnite and latios and also ground types like gliscor and lando . Cant touch fire types though but my rotom can take care of them. However, its main job in my team is to prevent hazards at all costs and to outstall defensive pokemon.

Lil Jimmy (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Here is Lil Jimmy the Landorus. Its ground typing makes it good at stopping t-wave users at their tracks. But thats not where its usefulness ends. Not by a long shot. Sheer force lando is excellent. Its a great pokemon to use against rain teams since its boosted attacks can put big dents on pokemon like breloom/toxicroak(without sub), ferro, tentacruel, and hp ice lets it hit dragon types pretty hard. Its ice weakness is usually pretty bad but my other pokemon can cover lando if theres an ice move incoming.

Genesect (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack

With the removal of genesect, scizor has made a comeback to being once again one of the most used pokemon and theres no suprise why. Its technician boosted attacks coming off its high attack and choice band is monsterus. Everyone knows that bullet punch is pretty much what makes scizor so great but by having quick attack as a secondary priority move, I am able to hit common scizor checks like politoad, volcorona and rotom much harder than bullet punch can ever do alone. Its steel typing and bulk makes it able to tank gengar shadow balls with ease and deal back heavy damage.

Charlie (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Cant believe I went so long without using gengar. This set causes so many switchs since it gives many teams headaches when its behind its sub. Gengar is an excellent at stopping choiced pokemon right in their tracks. While behind its sub, gengar can 2hko pokemons like venusaur and jirachi. That sub also protects gengar from dieing from missing a focus blast. What a beast lol.

Thunder Kat (Terrakion) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Thunder Kat the Terrakoin can tear teams apart after its ability activates. I am able to reliably activate justified by getting the opponent's ttar to use crunch on mew. Except they would be hitting terrakoin instead which gives it all the power it needs to sweep. Might actually consider giving it a scarf to make this stratergy more effective but then I wouldnt have a steath rocker. Instead of going with a life orb or expert belt, I have decided to give a fist plate a try. Its powerful stab close combats coming off its high attack would be made even more powerful with the fist plate without the recoil. It has that quake edge coverage so not many pokemon can take its assults.

Tide (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 148 Spd / 108 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And finally theres Tide the rotom. It pretty much helps revenge kill other pokemon. I have also made it fairly bulky so it would be able to tank a hit or 2 that would normally do big damage. Its set is pretty straight forward with hydro pump for a powerful stab that is able to abuse the opponents rain, volt switch for hitting pokemon like poli and tornadus pretty hard, trick is to mess up walls such as chansey and slowbro, and hp ice is mostly for extra coverage.

Well theres my team. What do you think?

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Actually, the only reason my terra wasnt scarfed was to get off stealth rocks especially if theres a volcorona in their team. Then scizor's quick attack can finish it off at any time. I went quick attack>pursuit because quick attack does much more damage to the likes of water/fire type switch ins who are expecting a bp. I think that nitche makes it a slightly better choice than pursuit since a miss-prediction with that move would put me at a big disadvantage since its banded. Venusaur does pose a bit of trouble tho and for victini/darmantian, having rocks up hiurts them alot making quick attack that much more necessary.

I do have to say rain teams give me some trouble. But lando can do a pretty big dent against them as long as keldeo/latios/jolteon/starmie is out of the way. Hp ice gives it an edge over dragons but might take it off for rock polish since it can use the extra speed. Rain still gives me trouble regardless tho. May try out latios/breloom to see if they can help.

As for sand, they give me little trouble. Most people use ttar which my mew laughs at and my terra can take advantage of justified by switching into crunch. Mew can also take care of hippo no problem. Stallers not named heatran cant beat mew.

Ill take that advice into consideration. Maybe jirachi can help stop tornadus and latios since they can be troublesome. Then i can make it my rocker and give terra a scarf.

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Scizor quick attack is extremely weak, and you shouldnt be using scizor as a check to volcanrona anyways. Quick Attack base power is 90, Bullet punch is 135. if you divide BP by 2 is 68 base power, not really that much of a difference.

If you are expecting a fire/water type pokemon switching in fearing a bullet punch, then you should go for uturn not quick attack.

No no, dont take HP ice out on lando, take out focus blast, it hits nothing except skarm and balloon heatrans. Earth power does a huge chunk to ferrothorn, so you dont really need focus blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:08 pm

ok since my team was so weak to volc, i decided to forget about setting rocks and give terra a scarf and giving it x-scissor. That made it much more useful at outspeeding +1 volc and latios. Also switched bug bite for u-turn on scizor so i can switch out when i need to. Scizor still has quick attack but i may switch it for swords dance or maybe something gimicky like tailwind. Also switched out focus blast for rock polish and it does come in handy lol.

Finally, I took out rotom and switched it for dnite. Idk. Altho rotom is good to have for rain, it doesnt seem to work very well in this team.

adamant
max speed and attack
-ddance
-outrage
-earthquake
-extreme speed

Think this is good enough to stop good rain teams?

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm

NO NO NO, JUST NO! Never Ever think about making a team without rocks, I rather get swept by volcanrona than to make a team without rocks! STOP UNDERVALUING ROCKS!!!!!!!

By taking out rotom for dnite, you team now becomes extremely weak to SD scizor, even banded scizor too. With 1 SD up scizor can pretty much tear through your whole team. Your mew who looks like a "check" cant really switch in safely due to the fact that it could be a banded scizor and uturn is gonna hurt like a bitch. Not to mention that even if mew burns scizor it cant really do anything back to it.

You still havent solved your dragon spam weakness, strong dragons attack can pretty much run over your team. Latios, kyurem, haxorus gets a kill every time you see it. The fact you dont have pursuit on scizor is a loss. CM latias can break your whole team with 1 CM, another reason to run pursuit on banded scizor.

You might be wondering how come whenever I build teams that covers X weaknesses I open up to Y weakneness. And im sure after reading this, you prolly gonna put in some pokes to counter dragons. The secret to good team-building isnt defending against threats but to be a threat yourself. Its better to have a pokemon that can threathen many teams than to have a pokemon that can defend from many threats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 pm

thats why i was very hesitant to give my terra a scarf since it would have been at the cost of using rocks. Scarf terra is a big threat to many teams and it has been very helpful (especially after a justifed boost from a crunch aimed at mew) And also, terra with a scarf would let me outspeed and ko volc and specs latios. But dont get me wrong. I know how important rocks are. But I dont know where I can fit it in. The only pokemon that can learn it are mew which has no room for rocks and terra which is able to ko many more pokemon than it used to without a scarf.

As for the scizor threat, altho it is true that mew would not be able to switch in to a choiced bug bite but it hasnt been that much of a problem since most people wouldnt use bug bite on any of my other pokemon when they would much rather use bp or pursuit (on gengar but it can counter that with sub and disable) Mew is able to take both with ease. And as for it not being able to do much, that is not nessesarily true. Scizor would be crippled which is a great thing. Not only that, mew can just stall scizor out until the burn kills it. Scizor is only really a problem to mew if it holds a lum berry which is fortunatly not very common.

Anywho, I have been looking around the tier for pokemon that can use rocks and function in rain while still being a threat to my team's weaknesses but I didnt really have much luck finding a good fit besides maybe jirachi. Might have to give terra rocks again if there isnt a better pokemon to use. If i do give terra rocks agian do you think giving lando a scarf would be a good idea?

For the dragon spam weakness, scarf terra helps stop latios and maybe 2hko latias since it has more bulk if they are not scarfed. I can also use dnite's and scizor's priority to try taking them down as well. Ill give pursuit a try and switch its band for a steel plate just in case I predict wrong with pursuit. Might give the sd set a try too since it has done well in the past when I used it.

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:17 pm

hmm.. dunno whats wrong with the team but cant seem to get past around 1650. Still couldnt find a good rocker that fits in this team yet (havent been tryin that hard tho :T ) what do you think?

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gates
Elite 4

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

If you've taken out rotom for Dnite and you still want to keep the composition of the team the same then I'd make Mew your rocker. Making Terra your main rocker is really gibbing him at what he's good for, which is coming in hard and fast, when you make him your main rocker then he will almost always take damage in the process of setting up rocks and then some other poke will take unnecessary damage when terra has to switch out and the damage that terra took means he cant hit as many times as he could before... tl:dr its unnecessary. Give Mew stealth rocks and make it forget something else, your team is a little too offensive looking from my point of view to have a stalling Mew, will-o-wisp can help at times, thats great, but let terra do its job and if you insist on running a bulky lead style Mew then let it do its job and get hazards up. Maybe make Mew forget softboiled if will-o-wisp has saved you in the past? If you keep rocks on terra then you should only ever use them in the rare chance that Mew gets randomly crit and dies or they spun rocks away and still have a volcarrona and you NEED rocks, other than that terra should never be your main rocker on an offensive team like this. Again, thats just IMO.

*Side note* I'm really not sure I like your Dnite set for this team, but that's another story.

GL and let me know how it goes. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mah Weatherless Team   Today at 1:41 am

Back to top Go down

Mah Weatherless Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1