AK
Elderly
Elderly

Male
Number of posts : 893
Badges :
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: RU Rain Team - My Bellywrath Inspired Team   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 pm

RU RAIN TEAM

Similar rain team to Ito's revolving around Poliwrath + Belly Drum (I came up with the idea first) ^_^And I have been doing pretty good on the showdown RU ladder. 

Uxie 
@ Damp Rock
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

This set is great because With max speed Uxie will have 317 spd so it can set up pretty fast for my sweepers. Magic coat is there for taunters(or hazards or status inducing moves) I have the damp rock to give me extra turns of Rain. After that I could memento or switch out. If I memento, i got to my Omastar with a focus sash intact who can instantly sweep, as magic coat will not let my opponent to setup hazards.

Omastar 
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This monster is an early game sweeper. After memento I will have a safe switch into this and I can smell smash and pretty much destroy everybody. The only pokemon that really gets in the way of Omastar is Lanturn and Ferroseed. After a shell smash, + swift swim, this pokemon will have close to 1000 speed! It can live a hit from unburden sceptile, shell smash, and fire back an ice beam as well, as Sceptile proves to be a threat to this team once Rotom-C is fainted, who is the only pokemon on my team that can deal with it. Surf > Hydro Pump because Hydro Pump tends to miss and Surf is only slightly weaker so it is fine especially for a tier like RU.

Kabutops
@ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Unlike Ito's Kabutops, I gave it Life Orb and not wave incense because without Life Orb, Alomomola can still take a stab stone edge to the face with even +2 attack. Superpower is for ferrothorns and for clefables who I have to take out quickly if they start to Cosmic Power. 

Ludicolo 
@ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Giga Drain

It wouldn't be a Rain Dance team without this Mexican! Ludicolo is my favorite pokemon in this team.  Ice beam again for those grass types including Amoonguss. I chose Rain Dance over focus blast, because I can deal with ferroseed from my other pokemon, and as well I need another pokemon who is able to set up rain. Surf > Hydro Pump because Hydro Pump tends to miss and Surf is only slightly weaker so it is fine especially for a tier like RU.

Rotom-Mow 
@ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

I chose Rotom for this team because of it's great typing. It walls the Carly Rae Jepsen out of any Grass or Electric type pokemon which my team is weak to, more so electric because it x4 resists. With specs, thunder and leaf storm do a Carly Rae Jepsen ton to anything. And with rain up, I will not be in trouble of any fire type attacks. Trick pretty much cripples any major wall in the RU tier as well. Volt switch keeps the momentum going as well.

Poliwrath 
@ Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Belly Drum

Last but not least, the powerhouse of this team, Poliwrath! Unlike Ito's Poliwrath, mine holds Ice Punch instead of Earthquake because I believe without Ice Punch, it's sweep will be spoiled by Tangela. On top of that, Lanturn is a specially defensive wall, not a physical wall, so a stab Brick Break should OHKO it anyway. Poliwrath I believe may sometimes not need Sitrust Berry, because after Uxie's memento, the opponent may not even attack me and go for a will o wisp or thunder wave or something which is why I think it should be holding the Lum Berry. Of course, Sitrus Berry works too because Poliwrath could still  be hurt pretty bad and without Sitrus berry it would just faint. Poliwrath is Adamant to ensure that it will OHKO Slowking even if Stealth Rocks are not up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RU Rain Team - My Bellywrath Inspired Team   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:54 pm

nicely done ak. altho I think you should have rain dance on more than 2 pokemon. 5-8 turns go by faster than it seems. Especially when in the middle of a sweep and since one of them is dead from memento. And your probably right about tangela walling poli even at +6 since a +6 earthquake still only 2hkos a physically bulky amoonguss. That memento is pretty much the perfect time to set up with poli tho. Even though when you think about it, memento and belly drum/shell smash right after a damp rock rain dance only leaves you with just enough turns to finish an entire team. Would recommend setting up that way after you ko 1 or 2 of their pokemon just to have more wiggle room with rain.

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RU Rain Team - My Bellywrath Inspired Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1