View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SHREDDER(Dragon)
Rookie

Number of posts : 107
Friend Code : 073273498040 for SS, for pearl 352498494011
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Vgc Team   Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 pm

I just recently getting back into pokemon and i decided to try giving VGC tournaments a shot so i would like you guys to rate my concept team.
Cress (Cresselia)
Item: Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Def / 176 SAtk / 4 SDef
Nature: Calm
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rest
Cresselia is on my team because I wanted 2 bulky pokemon for my Defensive core. And her amazing defense, special defense, and hp base stats made her an amazing choice. The Ev Spread allows her to take tons of hits Most notably survive Timid Latios 252 Ev Dragon Gem Draco Meteor and the Defense Ev allows it to survive an Adamant 252 Ev Dark Gem Tyranitar's Crunch. The Special attack Ev allow it to OHKO Breloom and traditional salamence ( 252 speed/252 special attack/4 HP ). It can Also KO Conkeldurr after prior damage ( weather or fakeout are examples of when cresselia can KO it ). Also i don't run Trick Room due to my team not really being a trick room team. So i decided to Run chesto rest cresselia with calm mind further boosting my offensive and defensive abilities as well as being able to heal off any prior damage with rest.

Dragon Emperor (Hydreigon)
Item: Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
The Ev Spread is just a standard one Emphasizing on maximum speed and power. One thing i do use is choice specs which isn't exactally unheard of but from what i've seen in vgc is uncommon. Well i could have gave it life orb but it would miss out on certain KO i really needed ( and i already gave it to another Pokemon ). Choice specs Hydreigon gives me guaranteed KO on Timid Latios with Dark Pulse, Does around 33-50% damage on Cresselia. I can also OHKO Metagross that aren't Specially Bulky or holding Occa Berry ( Example: 252 hp/100 Special Defense ) and even 2HKO Amoonguss with Flamethrower and OHKO it with Fire Blast ( i opted against Fire Blast power for flamethrower's accuracy ). Earth Power is for coverage and Draco Meteor Gets KO i need on Neutral/Super effect enemies.

Landorus-Therian
Item: Yache Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 Atk / 44 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect
Well this spot is still sort of in debate between salamence and Landorus-t. But as of now i am using landorus-t. His amazing Base attack of 145 lets it hit really hard on pretty much anybody. Earthquake is its STAB move that can be spammed since 4/6 members of my team are immune to ground type moves ( Either by Levitate or by being a flying type ). Rock Slide hits the Kami Trio and opposing flying and fire types hard and can even cause flinching. U-Turn Allows me to deal damage and switch Landorus out for a pokemon suited for the situation or for Scrafty to get off another intimidate. Speaking of which Intimidate was one of the reason i chose Landorus as it makes my team more resistant to physical attacks and switch him in and out whenever i wanted to get another intimidate off. And Protect is just a standard move in VGC. The Ev Spread is means for it to heat as hard as Possible with the Speed Ev allowing it to beat Modes Kingdra out of rain by 1 point and with a tailwind boost beat it in the rain by 2 points. the Rest of the EV went into HP for a tiny bit of extra bulk. And the Yache Berry lets it survive ice attacks.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 36 SDef / 44 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Tailwind
Zapdos is probably one of my favorite pokemon of all time and its arguably one of the best pokemon on this team. Zapdos is meant to set of tailwind, be able to take hits and also dish hits out. Zapdos Nature + speed Ev allow it to out speed Kingdra out of rain by 1 and with a tailwind boost beat kingdra in rain by 2 ( if you can't tail i want alot of my pokemon to beat Kingdra in speed ). Its Special Attack Evs allow it to hit really hard and with the life orb get OHKO and Ko on quite a few pokemon ( certain variants of politoad get OHKO, Amoonguss 2HKO by Heat Wave, Breloom can be OHKO By heatwave as well, and Metagross is usually 2HKO by heatwave ). The Hp and Sd was also to give it bulk and give it a chance to possibly survive timid latios Draco Meteor. Volt Switch is there incase i want to switch out Zapdos for another pokemon better for the situation as well as deal damage. And Tailwind is this teams main use of speed Control. Out speeding teams allows me to KO latios and Kingdra before the KO me, also reduces chance of revenge killing. The ONly flaw to tail wind is if my opponent gets trick room off while tailwind is active but usually i can prevent that from happening.

Suicune
Item: Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 4 SAtk / 108 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 14 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
This Suicine was originally Chesto Rest until i found Cresselia to be slightly better in that department. Suicune was necessary for me because i needed another bulky pokemon who resisted both Water and Ice Type moves and could bring another form of speed control to the table as well as hit ground types with good/decent damage. As you can see most of its Evs are in defense allowing it to take hits from timid latios and Conkeldurr at least once. and the other Ev in speed and SA are sort of there cause they were the only spots left ( and it remedied the IV drop for HP Grass ). HP grass let me hit opposing Water Types and lets me OHKO gastrodon after a Calm Mind boost. Icy wind is my second form of speed control in case tail wind wears of i can still out pace threats that would be faster. Hydro Pump was chosen over scald cause I needed Suicune to get Certain KO on certain opponents ( Like Landorus and Exadrill and even Heatran depending on EV and damage done prior ).

Scrappy (Scrafty)
Item: Chople Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Detect
Scrafty was chosen as my second Intimidate user and also because it can learn fake out and is naturally bulky. The Evs in HP allow it to take hits whether physical or special. The Special Evs allow scrafty to survive Timid Latios Dragon Gem Draco Meteor. The Attack Evs allow me to hit Tyranitar hard with STAB drain punch even with chople berry and heal HP back ( at times i can even OHKO tyranitar depending on ev spead used ). It also allows me to hit latios and cresselia hard with Crunch which is its other STAB move. Fake out allows me to set up easier or prevent my opponent from attacking so i can KO it with my partner. Detect is pretty much the same as protect except certain moves don't affect me in detect but affects me in protect. And Chople berry allows me to survive Close combats from hitmontops and over fighting types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Vgc Team   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 am

As bulky cress is, it's not really able to do much back without its calm mind boosts and it won't always get the chance. So I think maybe you can try slowbro/slowking (depending on what you need) since it has enough power to do decent damage plus it has fire blast, slack off, and regenorator so they have reliable recovery and can do something to steel types.

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SHREDDER(Dragon)
Rookie

Number of posts : 107
Friend Code : 073273498040 for SS, for pearl 352498494011

PostSubject: Re: Vgc Team   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 pm

I see what you are saying but it actually does quite a bit of work without calm mind and i can generally get at least 1 boost of easy. Besides Slowbro/Slowking are only good to me if i wanna run trick room ( my team isn't built for trickroom ). Also i really don't wanna have 2 water types on my team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Vgc Team   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Uhh i do think a fast fighting type like lucario at +2 might give you trouble after zapdos dies sjnce it can crunch cress, ice punch lando and close combat everything else

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vgc Team   Today at 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Vgc Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1