Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Sand Box Team   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Even though I usually stick with sun when I use weather. I decided to give sand a try. This is my first attempt at a competitive offensive sand team so bear with me. Let me know what you think! Razz

Welcome to my sand box!

The Team

Cap Falcon (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

So the first pokemon on my team is Captain Falcon. I tend to use him as a lead because of his speed and ability to u-turn. So why not boost its power with a choice band? So it has close combat and flare blitz for its stab moves. Sure I could use fire punch with iron fist but its still not as powerful (I think). Anyway, I gave it stone edge to give it the ability to do damage to dragon types since many of them wall infernapes stab moves. Finally, it has the trusty u-turn. It lets it switch and do damage. Only issue I find with it that its frail and cant do back to back banded flare blitzes without dieing. Its still good though.

Ducky (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch/Fire Blast

Next we have Ducky. (Wheres my land before time fans? Razz) I went with ttar over hippoudon because of its ability to keep latios draco meteor spammers from killing me. It has incredible special bulk because of its sand allowing it to take 2-3 full power draco meteors before dieing. Also because of its bulk, I usually get a garenteed stealth rocks which is always good. Pursuit is a must have for ttar. Even with no attack evs, it can still KO a latios trying to switch out. Stone edge is kind of a filler move that gets stab which is helpful since it has no attack evs. It does help kill off volc since it can take a +1 bug buzz fairly easy. As for the final move, I currently have crunch which let me kill a latias trying to set up but I have been considering fire blast so ttar wont get walled by things like ferrothorn. I dunno but guess crunch is doing alright.

Charlie (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Next comes Charlie.(He looks like a charlie to me lol) He is the scarfer in my team since it can then outspeed almost all other scarfers in the metagame. But thats not the biggest reason I added gengar into the team. I needed a pokemon that wont get hit by earthquake since infernape and ttar are weak to that and I also needed something that can counter fighting types like breloom and scarf terrakoin. Its pretty useful in that aspect. Anyway, it has shadow ball and sludge bomb for stab. Sure poison moves have terrible coverage but its the one move gengar has (besides psychic and hp flying) that will ohko all brelooms (thanks to sand). Shadow ball would kill lati@s but if they are scarfed too theres a chance they would win the speed tie but meh. It also has hidden power ice so that it can revenge kill other dragon types like dnite and chomp. Finally, it has t-bolt so it can hit things like politoad and starmie pretty hard. Only bad thing about it is that its pursuit prone so its sometimes tough to send it in.

Pixie (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SAtk / 220 HP / 68 Spd
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Psychic
- Earth Power

Next up is Pixie. I always like celebi. Its bulk is awesome but more importantly, it keeps bulky water types like gastro and rotom-w and steel types like jirachi from threatening my team as much. I gave it enough evs on speed to outspeed timid scizors by 1 since I have trouble with those. As for moves, it has recover so it can stay healthy. Giga drain also allows it to recover while doing damage. She used to have psychic but I replaced it with hidden power fire so that I can deal with scizors a bit better. I know shes not the best pokemon to use to stop scizors but yolo. Finally, she has earth power so she can destroy things like heatran and put a good dent on jirachi.

Ty (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Next is Ty. You know that when a latios appears, something is going to die. Dont even have to tell you how much damage it gives with specs. Even things that wall it like jirachi lose half thier hp from a full power draco meteor. Ty also has psyshock for stab. With that, it can handle most fighting types plus chansey/blissey with relative ease. Then theres surf. Always thought surf was a wierd move for latios to learn but who cares. :PIts pretty much there for coverage. Finally theres t-bolt. Like gengar, it lets it hit water types harder than most of its other moves. So yea. Latios is a beast.

Maxx (Stoutland) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Return
- Superpower

Finally theres Maxx. (named it after my dog :3 ) It pretty much abuses its sand rush ability and wreck everything. It pretty much outspeeds everything under sand. I gave it a life orb since I find it more useful when it can pick different moves. Its crunch would hurt all psychic/ghost types which is good since pokemon like lati@s fall under that list. Next theres ice fang. It lets it hit dragon types like mence and chomp harder than any of its other moves. Return is the best stab move it has so that automaticly gets a spot. And theres superpower. It lets it take down things like opposing ttars and ferros.
" />

Well thats my team. I think its pretty good for my first sand team but it does have some holes. Its biggest hole is scizor. That thing pretty much wrecks my whole team. Celebi is the only thing on my team that can take it down but cuz of u-turn and bug bite, I cant really risk switching it in right away. Anyway, what do you think?[/img]

Much Doge. Wow

Last edited by Ito le Typhlito on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 347
Symbols :
Friend Code :
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I see specs, band and scarf. You really are limiting your options with those pokemon since say if you get caught in a tbolt on Thundurus you're pretty much fked over, also it looks like you have nothing to deal with physical or special attacks bar Ttar which isnt the greatest. It looks like youre trying to just murder everything with no real strategy behind it except prediction and skill. If Scizor is a huge problem then you know you need to revisit the team, scizor is everywhere and if he can wreck the whole team GG m8. I suggest toning it down with the choice items and giving some pokemon a different role because right now most of them look like they are trying to sweep lol. Im not going into a full scale analysis because I am not good at them lol. More of an allen thing but thats just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Naa thunderus tbolt does poop to ttar and celebi cuz of their bulk and resistances but I see what you mean. Guess having half the team holding choice items can make it alittle tough sometimes but not sure what to replace them with. Nape really needs that extra power, gengar revenge kills some things stoutland cannot, and latios goes with specs like bread goes with butter. Maybe i should change one of the pokemon?

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova
Trainer
Trainer

Male
Number of posts : 347
Symbols :
Friend Code :
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Lol not tbolt, Im saying if Thundurus comes in on say a latios tbolt then youre trapped and they get free boosts which is gonna be annoying if you arent prepared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:43 pm

So then what you think I should change then? Thought about giving sub hydregon or sash chomp a try over gengar but that dark typing but i dunno.

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chomper
Trainer
Trainer

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Dude you need to know where your problems lies. Your problem is that you dont think when you play and that leads you to choking battles left and right. So instead of trying to make a new team, why dont you start working on your battling skills....I cant give you teams if all you do is choke battles with them.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Yea its true that I choke in battles but the only way I could think of to try making it better is if I practice battling with different teams. Unless theres another way that can help

Much Doge. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand Box Team   Today at 11:46 am

Back to top Go down

Sand Box Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1