Prof West
Head Professor
Head Professor

Number of posts : 600
Friend Code : Black: 5157 2125 1931
3DS: 1306-5572-5528
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: My first attempt at a Pokebank team   Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:42 am

Well this is my first try at a proper competitive Pokebank Team so far my record is 11:4 on Showdown which I don't think is too shabby. Let me know if you can think of any improvements or modifications for the team.

Shadow (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

My basic lead, able to taunt most things to protect me from entry hazards before setting up my own. Then Ice Beam so it can deal damage to most things.

Jubilee (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

A bulky special attacker and one of the few good fairies in my opinion. Nasty Plot so it can set up and deal huge amounts of damage. Roost in order to keep it going, Air Slash so it can abuse Serene Grace and be a less annoying version of Jirachi (Body Slam, Iron Head) and then Aura Sphere for good type coverage.

Zero (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

The standard Banded Scizor. No explanation required.

Kaiju (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam

A Defensive Pokemon who can get rid of pesky entry hazards. Knock Off to cripple many other Pokes who may try come in. Scald for the 30% burn chance (which I never get) and then Ice Beam for coverage.

Cloudus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

My trusty scarfer, Intimidate ruins things such as Aegislash, who I can then use EQ on with no fear of losing power due to King's Shield, as well as usually force a switch. Then Stone Edge for those general coverage (and to see it absolutely mop the floor with any Talonflames). Superpower as a filler move (don't think I've actually used it yet Razz) and then U-Turn in case I ever decide to just switch out of there.

Zeus (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

One of my trusty old team members who I can use again. Nasty Plot becomes deadly when mixed in with Prankster and Thunder Wave also given priority also cripples quite a few things. Thunderbolt for generic STAB and move and then Focus Blast for coverage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at a Pokebank team   Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:45 pm

There are some problems with your sets. First theres no reason to run hp evs on deoxys if your gonna use a sash. I think deoxys-D is better for stacking hazards than deoxys-s because bulk. Imo if you're gonna set up rocks+spikes or any duo hazards, you should use a spin blocker to protect them.

Next your togekiss. Flinching is not that effective without paralysis. Not only paralysis lowers their chances of moving but more importantly it lowers thier speed to -6, allowing you to move first everytime and putting your serene grace ability to a much better use. Your speed is another problem, you have 0 speed evs which makes your speed 196, imo thats way too slow for a sweeper. I love bulky sweeper but you kinda need some speed too. That being said I think the classic twave set is better. If you want to try out another fairy similar to togekiss, try mega gardevoir. Base 165 SPA, pixilate ability, Good speed!

Banded Scizor is not the best scizor set atm, mainly because scarf Genesect with ironhead/uturn is better. If you still want to use scizor, its better to run Mega SD set with knock off/bp/superpower or roost.

Landorus-T. A choiced set isnt really a check Aeglislash because Aeglislash can scout what moves you're locked into by using king shield and switch properly. Alot of Aeglislash sets are mixed now (shadowball, sacred sword, sneak, ks) so you might want to be careful switching lando-T into Aeglislash because shadowball hurts.

As for your thundurus, I think leftovers>lifeorb because after a NP, you're gonna be overkilling alot of things and the extra dmg from lifeorb is irrelevant. Also I think you should run hpice > focus blast for 2 reasons. 1. Fb accuracy sucks 2. Hit gliscor (which is a huge problem to your team). Yea your gonna be losing to excardills and ttars without FB but I think you're gonna make up for that when you see a gliscor, lando, and dragons.

As mentioned, sub/toxic gliscor is a huge threat to your team. If it gets a sub up, it can be very annoying.

Mega Charizard looks to be a problem, you have nothing to switch into it. If its a charizard X with DD, you are forced to sac something, bring thundurus in, twave'd it, and sacking thundrus as well. Another reason I think you should run the classic twave togekiss.

Rotom-W (the #1 used mon atm) is very annoying to your team.

Heatran is somewhat of a bitch.

Personally if I were to use this team, I would make these changes:

-Genesect > Scizor. (I like sash genesect with 4 attacks, but any is fine though) OR use mega scizor, banded is not that effective atm.
-Run a defensive landorus-T with rocks. Alot better at checking talonflame, aegislash.
-Run offensive deoxys- S with life orb. Max speed deoxys-s outspeeds scarf garchomp. Makes up for a missing    scarfer.  
-Leftovers> lifeorb and hpice>fb on thundurus.
-Sludge bomb> ice beam on tenta. (helps you nail the incoming rotom, and 30% chance of poisoning them).
-Run classic togekiss with twave to cripple charizard and others.

If you need help finding what evs/moves are best I suggest you check this out: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6514412/ (these are pokemon usage stats in order and what moves people are using on them).

I rushed typing this so I might be missing out some threats. Post again if you see any threats that im not seeing, I might come back later to fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My first attempt at a Pokebank team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1