pn
Elderly
Elderly

Female
Number of posts : 564
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: light ball?   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 pm

what does a light ball exactly do? i know it has something to do with volt tackle but where would i be able to get one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXxJeremyxXx
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: light ball?   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 pm

A Light Ball raises the Sp. Atk. of a Pikachu. You can obtain one by catching a wild Pikachu. The chance of it holding one though is very slim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: light ball?   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu are the only pokemon that can learn Volt Tackle. To get Volt Tackle, you will need the following things.

A Pikachu or Raichu (male or female)
A Ditto
A Light Ball(to get a light ball get a pokemon with the ability "static" it helps attract electric pokemon.Or get a fainted pokemon with compoundeyes fist in your party and a pokemon with thief second slot of your party.Then use a pokeradar to chain pikachu/pichu)
Once you have those items, give the Light Ball to the Pikachu or Raichu and put Pikachu or Raichu in the Pokemon Daycare. Put Ditto in the Daycare as well. Next, wait until you have the pokemon egg and then walk until the egg hatches into Pichu. Pichu will know the attacks passed by its father along with Volt Tackle.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rayquaza.forum-motion.com
pn
Elderly
Elderly

Female
Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: light ball?   Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

ok thanks...but do you know someone who would be able to trade me a light ball for leaf green?
isnt the ability "static" supposed to paralyze on contact? and the ability "lightning rod" is used for attracting electric type pokemon...thanks for the help anyways....but i still need someone who is willing to trade me a light ball for leaf green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: light ball?   Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Hey, pn, Rayquaza was right - Its the ability ''static'' which attracts electric type pokemon out of battle. In battle, yes, it may paralyse on contact, however, out of battle, use it 1st in your team to have a 50% higher chance of finding electric types. Do u do this and keep finding/chaining pikachu and either catch them all for their items (and look for a light ball) or steal their items with thief.

''Lightning rod'' only works in battles (double battles actually). If say you have a pokemon which attracts electric attacks from your opponent (i.e. a gyarados as anyone knows to use electric attacks on gyarados!) and you have a pokemon with the ''lightning rod'' ability (such as marowak), if your opponent uses thunderbolt on gyarados, it won't hit gyarados, but will [try to] hit marowak (who is immune to electric attacks) and so thunderbolt will be useless and your opponent cannot defeat gyarados!!

Also, we can't trade to leaf green as wifi is only for diamond and pearl and not leaf green and the other games. You could try getting a light ball on diamond/pearl or try finding someone with a light ball to trade you over wifi in diamond/pearl.

Good luck, hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light ball?   Today at 1:42 am

Back to top Go down

light ball?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1